Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know how to delete the Beats Audio Control Panel completely on a HP Pavilion dv6?

I don't want to disable it, I want to completely remove it from my computer altogether. Is that possible?

My main problem with Beats Audio, is that Enabling/Disabling it is such BS. Disabling it automatically reduces the PC's Bass Settings to -12 in the PC's Control Panel's Sound Category.

The reason why I want to delete it is that whenever I turn on my computer, Beats Audio is disabled but it automatically reduces the Bass Settings to -12 so I have to change it back to 0.

Thanks,

Josh

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Josh,

The Beats Audio interface is installed with the IDT Audio CODEC, so try the following.

Hold down the Windows key and press R.  In to the Run box type msconfig and hit enter.  In the System Configuration window, click the Start up tab, remove the tick next to IDT PC Audio and then click Apply to make the change.

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

Restart the notebook and Windows will load a generic sound driver.

Regards,

DP-K

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hey Josh,

I'm having the exact same frustrating problem with Beats Audio. Did you end up finding a solution ? I followed what the person above me said to do (delete the CODEC & restart), but for some reason the IDT Audio Codec keeps reinstalling itself (not some generic audio CODEC).

Could you please tell me how I can completely remove Beats Audio ?

Thank you.

Arthur.

P.S. I'm running Windows 7, with a HP Pavilion dm4-3011tx Beats Edition laptop.

HP Recommended

Well, I tried what he said and it worked in a way...

It didn't actually delete Beats Audio off of my computer, but it prevents the Beats Audio Control Panel from messing with my Audio Settings upon boot-up.

Unless I actually Enable/Disable Beats Audio, it won't change the basic Treble and Bass Settings in the Control Panel.

I'm fine with the results (although I've noticed a .5 second audio lag in Google Chrome when watching YouTube Videos).

But sorry, I haven't actually found a complete solution to delete Beats Audio off of my computer.

Sorry,

Josh

HP Recommended

Hi Josh, thanks for replying.

So when you press "reset to zero", it saves the settings ?

Thats exactly what I want, but whenever I bootup my laptop, the bass is 4 (or -12) and the treble is always 4, even though I've told it to "reset to zero". So I have to change it manually everytime I boot up. *Sigh*

Is there anything I'm missing out ? Did you have Beats Audio disabled or enabled (pressing Fn + B) when you pressed "reset to zero" ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Arthur.

HP Recommended

Here is the driver that HP Support put on my laptop and solved the problem.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-103203-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling the IDT pc audio driver and components, and then install the generic driver but my headphones sockets didnt work so i had to reinstall the IDT driver

i tried all options but the one that works best was this:

Update my audio driver to the lastest , then install a software called Tuneup Utilities 2012  and inside the soft there are some funcions called   Startup items  and  desactivate programs , in both i choose to disable and desactivate the IDT audio and then Beats console never apears again and my audio is in default levels  (bass/treble) without any of the artifacts that beats audio console does.

hope it helps

HP Recommended
thanks David! yep the IDT is was reinstalled back on mine after restart but Beats is gone and thats what i wanted 🙂
HP Recommended

So, I am also looking to get rid of the Beats Audio Software.  

Using a tuneup 2013 piece of software, I can completely remove the IDT Driver and that gets rid of the Beats Audio software. However, then I have no sound at all.

Once I have removed the IDT driver, is there another driver that I can download to get my sound back which is specifically compatible with:

HP Pavilion dm4-3002ea Entertainment Beats Edition 14'.

Please help!

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

I think hp should take notice with the problems with beat. I bought new headphones to use for some music production, but i also use them to listen to a bunch of speeches. I thought there was something wrong with my philips headphones and was thinking to return them to the shop. I thought i already had uninstalled beats from my new hp stationary.  Found out that it was only the console that was hidden. Found out that i have to temper with it to get the sound right (weird bass sound during vocal speech) and then tinker it back for music. It's just a bad system, and i don't trust whatever it does to the sound signal. I want the same flat settings for all sound and use my own eq's for music production, not their pre-settings whatever they are. THanks for the help from the other users here. No real help from hp here? Thats weird, you should be thankful that we, the customers, your paycheck providers, are beta testing your systems, despite we paid for it and didnt ask for it, lol. But a part from that, my pc is a monster. im afraid of it, thats how good it is.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.