Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I use my laptop HP Elitebook for much online training. The Bang Olufsen software behaves like malware, appearing on the screen and blocking controls in Zoom or even just obscuring the browser tabs along the top of the screen.

It has proved impossible to remove this intrusion without losing sound altogether and so we have given-up and are moving to Dell laptops. 

I suggest all should do the same. The HP elitebook is likely an excellent machine for home use for example audio video, but for professional webex screening it is unusable

HP Recommended

This may differ for other people, but on my system, this gaudy GUI is installed under:

C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SA3\HP-NB-AIO\SmartAudio3.exe

My solution was to simply rename the file "SmartAudio3.exe" to something different so that it couldn't launch. These are just the applications responsible for that GUI and for the system tray icons that I hate so much. That way the drivers still load and sound works fine but those things don't load or get in my way. It's hacky... but it works well 😉

EDIT: Realized that it was "SmartAudio3.exe", not the "Flow.exe" and "FlowTray.exe" files causing the system tray and GUI, so I updated the instructions above.

HP Recommended

FYI posting this as a separate comment for anyone watching the thread: I realized that it was "SmartAudio3.exe", not the "Flow.exe" and "FlowTray.exe" files causing the system tray and GUI for B&O, so I updated the instructions in my previous post above.

HP Recommended

I Just followed your reccomendation, worked perfectly!

Now, my issue was that when i played an audio file it took about a half a secnd to start, totally unnaceptable.

so i thought that the audio drivers where trying all to deliver the sound, so i just stay with the windows hd audio driver.

Big Thanks.!

HP Recommended

Solution 1 works for me, as i haven't admin privileges on my company laptop.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Disable-Bang-and-Olufsen-Audio-control/m-p/6116761/high...

But it is necessary to set "Release Time" to "Short" in "Loudness Equalization" Settings.

Maybe it isn't the 100% solution, but the sound is significant better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.