Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (210 Views)

Distorted audio and then no audio at al

Product Name: SRP/HP Notebook UK

Since I formatted my notebook which I bought not long ago. The audio is distorted after 40 mins of watching a film and then after a few minutes of being distorted, audio goes completely.

I have tried restarting but it keeps on happening over and over again. I have also updated the audio drivers but that doesn't fix the problem.

I would also know how I can get in touch with someone to help as I work from Monday to Friday and I am back from work at almost 7pm.  My product is still under guarrantee.

Thank you very much for your help

Sandra

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (168 Views)

Re: Distorted audio and then no audio at al

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @ojazos28!

I read about your notebook audio issue and wanted to stop in to share my suggestions with you Smiley Happy

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while playing audio on your HP notebook. Greatly appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting! 

To assist you better with your issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is the product number of your notebook? If unsure, check: http://hp.care/2c1fa4i 
  2. What is the operating system on your PC?

Alternatively, let's try the steps below which will definitely help you fix the issue:

Solution 1:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.
  • Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.
  • Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Solution 2:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Select the Communications tab up the top.
  • By default ‘when windows detects communications activity’ is set to ‘Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%’.
  • Change this to ‘Do nothing’.
  • Press OK.

Let me know if these steps helps!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (131 Views)

Hi,

I have tried what you told me and it is still not working. The sound keeps on becoming distorting after half an hour of watching a film for example  and after a few seconds of becoming distorting, the sound is completly gone.

My product number is

W9V27EA#ABU and I have windows 10

Thank you

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (117 Views)

Hello, @ojazos28

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I see that you are having Realtek audio drivers on your PC. Hence, try the steps mentioned below to try and fix this issue:

• First, completely uninstall the audio drivers that are currently on your PC from the device manager as suggested below.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.

• Expand "Sound, Video and game controllers" – Right-click and uninstall the RealTek audio drivers.
  • Make sure to click on the box which says to “Delete the driver software”.
  • Now restart the computer.
  • Go to http://hp.care/2jjQvKB and then download and install the Windows 10 64 bit drivers. Click on “Global” to download. Check the fig. below for ref.
  • There are a couple of drivers available. You can choose the best one as per the results.
  • Restart the computer once done.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Have a great day Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (106 Views)

The audio now works only when headphones are connected.

Where can I take the laptop to be repaired? I have only had it for 5 months and I can talk to the customer support because of my working hours.

Thank you in advance

regards

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (94 Views)

Hi @ojazos28,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Commendable troubleshooting. superb effort and brilliant diagnosis of the issue. I am amazed by your technical expertise. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy As @Dvortex is out of office for the day, I am jumping in to assist you.

If the headsets work fine and there is no sound from the speakers, then please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced. Steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (64 Views)

Hello,

Thank you but this doesn't help me. I have already tried that myself and the only option I get is a chat during the hours I can't be home because I have to go to work. I feel quite powerlesss and feel like I had been ripped off as this laptop is new.

I work full time and I am also a parent and don't really have time to be trying things myself. I have already wasted a lot of time trying to fix things myself and also trying what you suggested. I know is not your fault but I think I am not getting the support that I need as there is no one to talk Saturdays or where to take it to get it fixed. I wish I could give it back to the shop where I bought it from and get my money back.

HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)

Hello, @ojazos28

Sorry for your troubles. Before contacting HP, try this steps to try and fix the issue:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek audio CODEC” and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High def…  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

I hope that fixes the audio related issue in your HP 15 notebook.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation