Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm on my 2nd Gemcut 2019 x360. I had a 2015 spectre x360 and the audio was fine. I took back for the gemcut version (refurbished) and the right side speaker had a tinny/distortion/rattle sound when cortana speaks, system sounds, and on some videos with dialog. I sent the unit into HP for repair and they changed out all FOUR speakers and the MAINBOARD. I fired the unit on and same problem—UNREAL... I returned the laptop to MicroCenter and got another refurbished 2019 gemcut, this time with the AMOLED screen. After setting it up, I have the SAME EXACT issue with heavily distorted sound on the right speaker. Music sounds ok for the most part, but again, Cortana sounds like **bleep** and system sounds 'buzz', it's really bad. So I went to Best Buy to test their spectre floor models and there is the same issue with the distorted audio.

I've updated, and messed with every setting imaginable, so don't bother tell me to test this or disable that—I'm an advanced PC user. If I can't get an answer to this issue from someone at HP, then I will hit Amazon, Reddit, Newegg—basically each and every review site out there and tell people to stay away. This is ridiculous for a $1800.00 (US) laptop. Why did the 2015 spectre have no audio problems but the gemcuts do? If this is a hardware/design flaw in this series we should know. Or if HP just cheaped out and put garbage speakers in the unit I should know. I'll take the unit back and grab a Dell or Lenovo, both of which sound 10x better.  I'll be uploading a YouTube video shortly with the issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@abstractt1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.