Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-b080br C1E80LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i can't find the audio driver for this device at HP support page, can you help me ? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello@ricardovsan

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need help in finding the audio driver for Altec Lancing Dolby Advanced Audio. I will definitely help you.

I was able to search and find a link for the download of the audio driver which you were looking for.

Use the link below to download the driver and try installing it on the PC top check if that solves the issue.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55094.exe

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support, but i couldn't run the file, the user account control is blocking processing for system safety.

i tried to execute as Administrator, but the system blocked again.  

Do you have any instructions about it ?

Tks.

HP Recommended

Hi@ricardovsan,

Thanks for the response.

Can you share the screenshot of the error? It will help me to find the correct solution for the error as well.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I couldn't copy the error message, but it's related to the file certificate. Win 10 is locking to run the file because was unable to confirm it's certificate.
HP Recommended

Hi @ricardovsan,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Don't worry as I have a few other steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's try these steps here:

How to Disable UAC in Windows 10:

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view) and select User Accounts.
  2. Click on the Change User Account Control settings link.
  3. If prompted by UAC, click Yes to continue.
  4. In the User Account Control settings, move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify).
  5. If prompted by UAC, click Yes to continue.

Note: If you want to stay secure and limit the UAC prompts, you can choose other options in User Account Control settings.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi @Jeet_singh,

I hope you all had a merry good christmas !!!

I changed the setting at UAC as instructed, but even trying to run the file as administrator, windows is still blocking.

Here's the message prompted:

User Account Control

This file was blocked for your protection

An administrator blocked run this file. For more information, contact the administrator.

File name: Audio Altec.exe

Provider: Unknown
Source: Downloaded from internet
File root: B:\Drivers HP\Audio Altec.exe
Show more info about provider certificate

This last line is in green, but nothing happens when i click on it and the only option left is close the message.

If there's any possibility left, i'll keep trying.

Thanks,
HP Recommended

Hi @ricardovsan,

Thank you, I had a good one hope you too had a good one. 

As I understand you are having administrative rights on this profile, so I would suggest you try to create a new user account as an Administrator. 

If the issue persists even after creating a new account, I would suggest the next option would be to perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. Doing this will wipe off everything from the computer. so please make sure you backup all your important data. Just in case if this option does not work, which means either the partition is corrupted or system file is missing.

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order a set of recovery media. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.