Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, iv been having a few issues with my laptops latency. I thought the problem was with Traktor Pro 3, a live audio Djing software. However, iv narrowed it down to the soundcard I am using. For some reason every time I connect it to my laptop to the soundcard it makes driver Wdf01000.sys spike like crazy. The results of a latency test are very high and is causing big audio problems, and this is before I start to run Traktor Pro 3. I have spoken to the guys at NI who make the software and the guys and Reloop who make the soundcard and both have been unable to put this driver under control, the strange thing is a older laptop I was using didn't have this problem. I have the latest windows update (including BIOS, Chipset, IDE/ATAPI/ATA/SATA, USB, graphics card etc.). Thanks for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DjPhelanFine

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

I suggest you run an SFC Scan on your Notebook. You can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Next download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, thank you for the response. I have done all you have suggested and the system, unfortunately, is still performing poorly, the latest test on LatencyMon driver Wdf01000.sys is still hitting on average over 13.7ms to execute. Which I'm told if you have a driver that goes over 1ms you will have audio problems.

It's so strange, it will ideal very well, then bang, it will just spike from nowhere. 😒 it's so strange and I'm in way over my head to know how to fix this.

HP Recommended

@DjPhelanFine

I suggest you perform a Reset and then update the drivers once again and check

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289 for Reset

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello I have a HP Envy 360 and seem to be having the same problem. Im getting popping and clicking noises during audio playback. I have a on going telephone support case going with HP(Case number:5039275993) but it seems that there is no fix for this issue. I have tried neumerous fixes for this and nothing has worked. I hvae also been working with the guys at Native Instruments and they have alos failed to come up with a fix.

My issue only happens when the laptop is pluged into a power supply via the charger the unit came with. I have tried other HP chargers and it still happens. So its not a problem with the charger.

I have reinstalled Windows 3 times, once with a fresh download from Microsoft, done all the updates and optimisation tips from Native Instruments and it still happens.

I have posted a video no Youtube see you can see and hear whats going on.

Can You Help.............

HP Recommended

Hi @Derekjd

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.