honestrepairman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Driver issue with audio and memory card

HP Recommended
HP DW-1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I had recommended an HP DW-1000: https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c06885541 to a good friend of mine and for some reason the audio doesn't split out properly, meaning internal speakers work fine, but when connecting external speakers via jack it doesn't work, I tried updating/reinstall drivers but to no avail. The card reader also seems to have issues as when plugging in an SD card it isn't recognized. He is a very elderly person so with the pandemic, if we don't solve this he will have to purchase an external device for sound & memory card. Is this a known issue with this model or is there some fix I can do for him? He also mentioned the speaker stopped working after a while, but it does work on his older laptop. He is running the latest version of Windows 10 (20h2).

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation