Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-ed0176ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello people!

Recently I have bought an ENVY x360 with the i7-10510U and the MX330.

It arrived yesterday and I already got a huge problem. My speakers are not working properly. When I use them normally they are rustling and a very quiet sound comes out of them. This happens after every reboot of the laptop when I re-installed the drivers. When I did not reboot, the speakers will work excellently fine. But after every reboot the rustling comes up again. Does anyone have a similar issue or does anyone know how to help?

Greetings Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, so I have fixed the problem for myself. I do not know if it will help for you, but it is worth a try I guess. Try and download the HP Audio Drivers for Windows 10 Build 2004. You have to select them manually when choosing the OS. Then download the file sp108898.exe, unpack the .exe with 7-zip and run the file Drvinstall.bat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP Envy. Same processor with the MX350. Every time I load the laptop the sound is very quiet and tinny. If I reinstall the drivers it works fine. As soon as the laptop restarts it goes back to awful sound and I have to install the drivers again.

HP Recommended

Ok, so I have fixed the problem for myself. I do not know if it will help for you, but it is worth a try I guess. Try and download the HP Audio Drivers for Windows 10 Build 2004. You have to select them manually when choosing the OS. Then download the file sp108898.exe, unpack the .exe with 7-zip and run the file Drvinstall.bat

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.