Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Earphones crackling sound before sound starts and after sound ends

[ Edited ]
Product Name: hp 15g009ax
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

• My laptop model is hp 15g009ax.When i stop hearing song or any audio in earphones, after approximately 6 seconds I hear a quick crackling sound. The crackling sound comes after any sound that ends or After the specific application that is playing the audio is closed). I will tell you what is did to stop this.
  • 1) I updated the sound driver from hp support website specific to my model. Didn't work
  • 2) Tried the earphones in other phones and lapotps. Working fine.
  • 3) Thought the problem is with windows. So dual-booted windows with Ubuntu 14.04.1. When I tried Ubuntu without installing it, earphones seemed to work fine without crackling after sound ends. But after installing Ubuntu and checked, the same problem repeated, but this time crackling sound started coming before the sound starts and after the sound ends.
  • This is very irritating and after reading some articles about this problem, Some said the problem is due to interference(Not sure) of motherboard with soundcard.
  • Can you please specify the source of this problem and a solution to it.
  • Thanks In Advance
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (97 Views)

Re: Earphones

Hi @Hithendrasai

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how you are getting crackling sounds with your earphones, with your HP 15g009ax Notebook. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8), as this guide also applies to Windows 10. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this guide resolves your issue! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation