Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 Convertible 15m-cn0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Bang & Olufsen speakers in my laptop constantly crackle when I'm playing audio and the volume is very low compared to what it should be. Sometimes they will crackle even when I have the speakers muted.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BrLoo 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95512.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I followed these steps and the audio is still rather quiet and crackles. When I ran it as administrator a notice came up that said "the driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.17134)."

HP Recommended

I currently have the same issue with my hp Pavilion x360 and I was able to resolve it through the following (which is extremely strange):

1) If you have a clicking noise in your earbuds (even though your volume is set to zero or if you are not watching a video and your earbuds are still in your ears), you can resolve this issue by leaving the sound settings window open. (To get here, simply right click on the volume icon on the lower right-hand portion of the screen and click on "Sound Settings"). 

2) If the sound is not working (completely) or the sound is extremely low, what I did was to gently press down on the portion of the laptop where the earphone connects to the computer and test the sound. This could be caused by the fact that the laptop's connection to the sound port is disconnected by some sort. I may have caused this problem on my own when I opened up my laptop to fix the mousepad a while back ago.

3) If the sound is only going through one earbud, the other strange thing that works for me is (do not leave your earphones on while you do this) by going to the sound settings, see (1), and moving the sound bar all the way to "100," which automatically synced both of my earphones to a balanced sound. However, this issue only works if all of the sound (from both earphones) is going through only one of the earphones. You can test this out by going to the Control Panel, select Sound, and then right-click on Speaker/HP and select Test. Once you select Test, you should hear the sound through both earphones. If you have this issue, the sound from both earphones is going through only one of them. 

Hope this helps! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.