Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error: No speakers or headphones are plugged in

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having this problem for about a month now. I've tried countless solutions, even ended up ungrading my OS from Win7 to Win10. Nothing helped. I'm posting here in the hopes that an HP professional can help. :(

I haven't had audio on my laptop for a while. It happened suddenly, I opened it and I was going to watch a video and noticed the audio wouldn't play. Tried pressing the audio keys on the keyboard, nothing. Then I noticed there was a little red (x) on the sound icon that's on the taskbar. Opened the playback devices window and only the AMD HD Audio Device shows up, not the Speakers that should normally show. I've tried everything since then. Driver updates, driver uninstalling/re-installing, HP Support tools, Microsoft support tools, asking around, yet nothing, absolutely nothing. I sort of got used to it, but today I decided to try and solve it again, after a month. 

Any solutions? pls help :(

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error: No speakers or headphones are plugged in

Hello @Panserchu,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the speaker/headphones issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you had this issue for a while, and upgrading to Windows 10 did not help.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
HP Customer Support - Products

In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation