Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

External Mic Not working

HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 1105dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the exact same problem as described in this link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/External-Mic-quot-Currently-unavailable-quot/m-p/3919834...

The exrternal mic is unavailable. Please let me know what I can do to make it work so that I can record using a microphone.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,989 91,870 11,863 25,334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It supports mono microphone only. Have you tried that.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
RBpromise
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. But I did not understand. What is mono microphone?

The problem I have is simply that the external mic is unavailable. I used the link to a question posted by someone else just to state that my problem is similar.

0 Kudos
RBpromise
Author
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also please not that my notebook model is different than the one that is listed in the link where the external mic 'currently unavailabe" problem was described.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation