Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same problem HP ProBook 440 G5

HP Recommended

well so we have a problem but even worse is that the stupid system of HP forums sent me already 2 emails that someone has replay a solution on the forum while actually nothing is true.
shame for HP

HP Recommended

Some good news, PROBLEM SOLVED on my Elitebook x360 G3 !

Here is what I did and I hope it helps all you out there facing the same problem ugrading to Windows 10 version 2004 due to incompatible Conexand Audio drivers:

1. Uninstall all (in my case two) occurances of Conexion Audio drivers from within Device Manager WITHOUT A REBOOT.

2. Dowload and Install Windows 10 20H2 directly from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

so in fact I was skipping version 2004 and the install of 20H2 went smooth and now my Elitebook is running on the latest Windows 10 version and of course without any audio issues at all.

Good luck to you all.

HP Recommended

you offer to update to the latest October update...
it doesn't work cause it has an issue with the thunderbolt support.

HP Recommended

Hi @MartinBSW,

thank you for suggesting this fix, have you experienced and issue since you updated to 20H2?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Nick, no issues so far. Audio and everything else is working as expected.

HP Recommended

I really don't understand how you update to latest October windows 10.

I've tried already few times even with the windows update tool. Always it start and in the middle of the process I get warning that this laptop cannot upgrade cause it has issue with thunderbolt.

HP Recommended

Thank you @Martin, I just tried it and it worked like a charm 🙂

My sound is back, but the HP assistant is still asking me to update the drivers for Conexant. I am too scared to do it, so I will just leave it like this, at least I can use my speakers now, thanks!

HP Recommended

@-Nick-
Glad to hear. Probalvy better to leave the drivers as they are as long as everything works for you. On the other hand, you could always manually trigger a "System Restore Point" which allows you to roll back changes when something goes wrong ie the update of the Conexant drivers.

@krishiva

It may very much depend on the device you are upgrading. My Elitebook x360 G3 which is supposed to have a USB-C / Thunderbolt port does not have such issues when updatng to 20H2.

HP Recommended

It does not work. I reinstalled Windows (not because of this issue but the time has come then for a fresh start). I have done it the late days of December, it run smoothly for a couple of weeks, and again, voila, the same problem with HP Support Assistant prompting me to update the Conexant Audio Driver (SP111208). Even if the manual download and installation succeeds from the product's support page, the HP Support Assistant will always notify you about it. Removing and reinstalling HP Support Assistant does not work either.

I remember the Conexant audio drivers had issues with Windows versions compatibility, as for quite a time, I could not receive the 2004 update when they rolled it out and Microsoft had Conexant audio in their not supported (until then) program list. I've got finally 2004 in the summer I think, received also 20H2 since autumn but the described problem which many users have come up with, still persists. Just the silly notification, not actual audio problems though.

HP Probook 450 G5

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.