cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
lmengfu
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Fan noises when playing video

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-ay1000 x360 Convertible PC (3T488AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am using earphones plugged into the laptop headphone jack.
I hear some sort of fan noise when I start playing a video or music. This noise will suddenly go silent after I stop playing the video or music.

When I start to play a video there's like a click sound and the fan noises will be heard. After stopping the video, there is another click sound but now the fan noises is no more.

4 REPLIES 4
lmengfu
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its kinda like static noise i guess not really a fan noise. My audio quality is very bad right now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dilip_18
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,759 2,757 92 99
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lmengfu

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

As I understand there's random static noises when playing audio from your device.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to update the BIOS?

Does this issue appear on an headphone or external speaker as well?

(Please check with the same and let me know)

Did you try running the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics test on the Audio? 

Also try perform the following steps:

1. Shut the computer off.
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to reset the EC (Embedded Controller) to re-initiate the speakers.

While you respond to that, I have a few recommendations: 

• Update your Notebook computer BIOS to F.02 and the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

lmengfu
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.

I've tried to update my bios and went to check in the bios that it is version F.02 and updated the drivers.

But the noise is still there. I only hear this noise using earphones.

Dilip_18
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,759 2,757 92 99
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lmengfu

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help.

You can try doing a Reset PC Keep my files inside windows 11. If issue still persists then It seems like hardware issue. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the warranty repair/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation