Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

this command remove only flow, driver remain.

HP Recommended

Ok I will try that tonight. What I need to get rid off is the Flow.exe process, it's ok if the driver remains.

HP Recommended

Had a similar issue; Flow.exe was taking up 15-20% CPU, and it was also causing Firefox (a Nightly 61.0a) to go up to 40-50% (sometimes even 70%) of CPU - the funny thing is that I had no multimedia (video, music etc) tabs open!

Killing Flow.exe would calm things (including FF) down for a few minutes, but Flow would launch itself (in a minute or so) and start to wreak havoc again.

I didn't bother to try uninstalling/reinstalling; simply renamed my Flow.exe file (C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow\Flow.exe) to _Flow.exe 😄

Been running with the change for several hours now, without any issues (sounds are working fine, without any CPU spikes)

Didn't restart the machine yet, will post back if restarting causes any issues 🙂

HP Recommended

On my system I had to uninstall the bang and olufsen audio software to remove the flow.exe.

Have not verified if audio continues to work but it did remove flow.exe

HP Recommended

I had the same issue on HP ProBook 470 G5. I opened the Services control panel applet and changed two services CxAudioSvc and CxUtilSvc startup type from Automatic to Manual, then restarted the PC. The Flow.exe is no longer running. The problem went away. No problems with audio happened after I stopped these services.

See more here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/flow-exe-HUGE-CPU-USAGE/m-p/668...

HP Recommended

An update on this issue (I'm having the same problem with high CPU usage when Flow and Firefox are running): first, although it's not explained anywhere in the documentation from HP, here's a little about what Flow does: it's supposed to monitor what the computer is doing and adjust the audio mode to that. So if you're playing a movie, the audio is in movie mode, music mode for music, etc. So it tries to monitor what the user is doing, not just what programs are running but what they're doing. For example, it tries to watch not only what site a browser (e.g., Youtube) is on but what kind of video it is (e.g., with a music video, it goes to music mode).

The problem seems to be with recent versions of Firefox that Flow isn't able to properly monitor. It seems to be trying repeatedly to communicate with Firefox and not properly reading what it's doing. I tried with Edge, which seems to be fine: switching between a music video and a lecture switches the mode from music to voice, and there's no CPU usage issue. It spends a lot of CPU time whenever a new tab is opened (meaning, presumably, that a new Firefox process is spawned), because however it was trying to access the information isn't working and it's spending a lot of time at it before giving up. And Firefox is apparently also using a lot of CPU cycles trying to respond to its requests.
So this needs to be fixed either by changing how Flow communicates with Firefox or by having it not even try to read Firefox's state.

HP Recommended

A further update: I was able to workaround the problem by changing the configuration file that tells Flow what processes to snoop on. It is an SQLITE database in C:\ProgramData\Conexant\Flow (I think in earlier versions it was in C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow). The filename is data.sqlite, and after making a backup I opened the database in a SQLITE database viewer and changed a record in the table audioapplicationdata, which has a hard-coded list of processnames. After changing "firefox" to something else ("fyrefox") and restarting, the CPU spikes go away. So Flow doesn't attempt to monitor Firefox but does monitor other processes (for instance, it recognizes that Skype audio should be in voice mode).

This is obviously not a useful solution for general use, but it should help diagnose the problem. HP, are you listening? And while you're at it, a little more documentation and possibly some configurability would be very welcome. This feature is rather half-baked: there's a game mode, apparently, but the only game it recognizes is Minesweeper.:HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Bought a brand new HpProbook 430 G5, same problem. Funny think these are the guys that put that key loger :))

Anyways, your solutions worked. It's nice having that audio control panel there, so editing the sql file seems the best one.

Thanks for all your help and digging 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your solution,But when I try to edit the data.sqlite,I found the database is readonly.

How to fix the 'readonly' problem? Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

I found the solution to the 'readonly' problem:

1.copy the  file to other directory,and edit it

2.copy back to the orignal directory.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.