Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I had same trouble if use firefox.
HP Recommended

Some months ago I renamed the flow.exe and stoped the 2 services and have no problem until today when HP Support Assistant convince me to install some upgrades. The problem with Firefox is here again.

Now I edited the sqlite database and hope everything will be fine again.

Thank you all for explanation of the problem and for both solutions!

HP 840 G4 / Windows 10 64b

HP Recommended

Same problem here on my Elitebook 1040 G4

When running Firefox, Flow and Firefox take much CPU.

I also stopped the 2 services but now, all 9 days I get a Hardware error message in maintenance menu

HP Recommended

I had same problem and I've tried everything.
But only this works for me, DELETE or RENAME that flow.exe. This works without any error message after restart or without any fail.

Or

I didn't tried it, but it may works, you should try to play with settings in C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow\Flow.ini

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issues with my Elitebook 840 G5. I even reinstalled the whole machine (Win 64) because it was caused by some HP Software installed on it. It did not solve the problem.

What I didn't realize is, that Windows 10 seems to automatically install the Bang & Olufsen software and not only some audio drivers.

I just removed the Bang & Olufsen software and will see what happens. 

*Update*: They get reinstalled automatically. Will try another solution suggested here.

HP, please do something about this issue! I have paid a premium to have a reliable professional machine for work! It has cost me hundreds of Euros already searching for the problem and losing time for reinstalling my machine.

*UPDATE*: Removing the Bang & Olufsen software did not work. It was automatically re-installed by Windows. The only thing that fixed the issue was renaming the "flow.exe"  as something else as suggested in this forum.

HP Recommended

Hi !

Same issue here HP ZBook G5 and Firefox. The only solution which helped me was to rename Flow.exe which seems to help. Periodical freezes are gone and cpu utilization with Firefox now only 1-3%.

HP , please fix this ASAP

HP Recommended

Same here, this is not acceptable to have no solution from HP on a professional machine.

HP Recommended

I bought a lot of HP Elitebook 840 G5 notebooks and all have the same problem. The problem is not firefox related because we don't use firefox in our company. The only thing that works is to disable the 2 services with autoruns from www.sysinternals.com or do it manually in services.msc.

When is HP going to fix this issue ? HP is selling me a laptop with crappy drivers on it and they are responsible for this problem, not Conexant.

autoruns.png

HP Recommended

Same here, a bunch of EliteDesk 800 G3 and EliteBook 850 G5, Windows 10 1803 + Classic Shell. Users complaining about random freezes. I was afraid that Classic Shell causes the random hangs until I noticed that flow.exe eating up the CPU. Disabled all Conexant related services in msconfig, and our problem is solved. BTW it's a shame that this problem is also related to Conexant like the fancy keylogger issue a few years ago. 

HP Recommended

The best solution I've found is to keep Flow.Exe from running. I've experienced no system issues in doing this. Here is a PowerShell script that will automate this for you.. Run PowerShell ISE as an admin and copy/paste/run the below:

#Stop the Flow.Exe process if it is running
get-process flow | Stop-Process

#Rename Flow.Exe file so processes that call to it will not find/execute it.
Rename-Item -Path 'C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow\flow.exe' -NewName 'Flow-Old.Exe'

#Remove information form the registry about the application.
remove-item -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Conexant\SA3\FLOW' -Force

....then reboot. You should see FLow.Exe is not running. If you wish to undo this you can uninstall the Conexant audio driver and reboot. Windows will reinstall which will return the system to its original state. I've found Flow.Exe slows the system way down and impacts browser performance as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.