2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI No sound after Installing Updating Windows 10

Pavilion G7 1310-us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After some automatic update of the Windows 10 (64 bit), the audio from the notebook to the Monitor / TV via HDMI is no more working, even the playback sound card does not show the option for the HDMI conection. It used to show the Monitor-TV brand, like LG.....it only shows the original IDT Hogh Defininiton Audio CODEC and the Headset Eraphone Microsoft LX-3000.
Originally the notebook was running Windows 7 (64 bit).
I´ve tried to update the sound driver, but did not work at all. There´s no specific driver for the Monitor/TV.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103,665 97,687 15,177 23,355
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...In the device manager under the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device manager category, you should be seeing the IDT HD audio device as well as another HD Audio device..

The non-IDT HD audio device is the Intel HDMI audio chip which somehow lost the driver.

Download and save, but do not run the W8 Intel graphics driver file from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59149.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd link is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the Intel graphics driver file you downloaded.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items.  Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its driver folder name (sp59149).

Once 7-Zip does its thing, go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device manager category.

Click on the plain HD Audio device (not the IDT one).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC and see if you now have audio and video via the HDMI out port.

0 Kudos
slatini Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Thanks for the fast suggestion. Unfortunately, there´s no other sound audio device rhather than the IDT HD and the Microsoft LX3000 headset. I wish I had any other, actually I had prior to the update of the wondows 10 that made it to disappear....
I´ve tried to reinstall the IDT for windows 8, even though the original system was the W7. Did not work, either.
It seems this notebook did not have the right and updated drivers to work with the Windows 10, which is kind of silly!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
103,665 97,687 15,177 23,355
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work.

For some reason, the Intel HD audio device has disappeared, which is why your HDMI audio isn't working.

Was hoping it was just the driver that needed to be updated but you need to have the device present to install the driver.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation