09-18-2016 10:10 AM
Hello HP community,
I have a HP 15 TS Notebook PC and the HDMI port is not working. Yesterday (9/17/2016) it was working just fine. I had my laptop connected to my TV via HDMI and it working. Today my computer did an update and after the update my computer did not read the HDMI cable.
I am not even sure what the update was for, but I turned it off this morning and it updated and then updated again when I turned it back on later today. After the update the computer does not read the HDMI cable. Everything else works fine.
What should I do?
09-20-2016 11:35 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is a great site to get support, resolutions and answers from experts in the community. I understand that the HDMI port does not work after an update. I’ll really be glad to assist you with this.
I would require some information about this to assist you better.
- What update was done on the machine? Was it a windows update or a software update?
- Have you tried a different HDMI cable to check if the display works?
- Please provide the product# of the unit?
Please try these steps to isolate the issue to really being hardware related.Please perform a hard reset first. Steps to do it:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.
- Then the instant you power on the unit, keep tapping the “ESC” key gently several times.
- It takes you to the startup menu. Here please press the F10 key to go to the bios.
- Please check by connecting the computer now to the TV, using an HDMI cable.
- If it shows a display then we can clearly deduce that the issue is a software one.
- Please don’t forget to check with another HDMI cable also.
Once it is clearly established that the HDMI port is not faulty, Please perform a system restore to a good known working date to correct the situation. Please visit this link to perform a system restore: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545
Please follow the step “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally” to complete the system restore.
Hope this resolves the issue and your computer works great without hassles. .Please let me know how this pans out. Make sure to mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if it helps. Kudos would also be appreciated for my efforts to help by clicking the “Thumbs Up” button.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee