Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-DA1032NP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently acquired a new HP laptop that comes with HP Audio Control, everything works fine when I use the built-in speakers.

However, when I plug in my headphones the HP experience equalizer disappears and the remaining options are greyed out, including the button to turn on HP experience. I have all the drivers updated, and enabling/disabling playback multi-streaming makes no difference whatsoever. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

RafaelCapturar.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Rafazzz, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS).

If the issue persists, create a new user account on your Pc and check if the HP Experience Equalizer option is shown. This will help us isolate the issue.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings, 

I uninstalled and installed the drivers and nothing changed. Unfortunately creating a new user account made no difference either. 

What should I do now?

HP Recommended

@Rafazzz

If it had been working fine before but isn't anymore, please perform a system restore using the below link:

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If that doesn't work, back up all personal data and then, reset windows using the steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The laptop is 1 week old, so it never worked. I noticed the problem the first time I used my headphones therefore don't think it's worth restoring everything. 

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Rafazzz

Thank you for the response. HP Audio control works only with speakers and not headphones. This is as per the design.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's a faulty design then. Why doesn't HP allow costumers to use the equalizer with headphones? Makes far more sense than using it with laptop speakers, where you can barely tell the difference in sound.

HP Recommended

@Rafazzz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.