Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 15 j022el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am on Windows 10, I have noticed that the Beats Audio EQ is not working. The left panel is working fine, but the right panel with the red sliders is not working. I move the sliders up and down, but nothing happens.

• The driver I have installed is the newest I found on the hp support page.
  • I already tried to unistall/reinstall the driver: the EQ works untill first reboot.

I search in this forum and on the web: a lots of people have the same problem.

Why there is no answer/fix for this disturbing bug?

I am trying to solve this problem since I installed Win 10.

Please, give some answer.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there @Tuqano,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with Beats Audio. I will be glad to help you.

Realtek has choosing not to provide Windows10 Beat Audio drivers.

Try download and install IDT Beats Audio Drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
2. Right click on the
setup file of the driver and select Properties”.
3. Select
Compatibility” Tab.
4. Place a check mark next to
Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
5. Let the driver install and then check the
functionality.

Here is a YouTube to help with sound settings.

How to fix Audio Sound problem not working on windows 10

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@

I already tried to use the compatibily mode with no results some days ago. 

Today I tried again: I unistalled/deleted all IDT drivers/folders/files, rebooted and installed the driver in compatibily mode. Nothing happened! 

Audio is working, Beats Audio not: the left panel is working fine, but the right panel with the red sliders is not working.

I don't know how to solve this annoying thing!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Envy 4 1130 la with this problem. Audio is working, but effects Beats no working. We need help, HP would fix this problem. Beats is a important part, but in windows 10 not working.  

Please, attention  and support. Is a important problem, beats was a plus in this devices and this should continue.

HP Recommended

@ManuMejias wrote:

Hi, I have a Envy 4 1130 la with this problem. Audio is working, but effects Beats no working. We need help, HP would fix this problem. Beats is a important part, but in windows 10 not working.  

Please, attention  and support. Is a important problem, beats was a plus in this devices and this should continue.

I still have this annoying problem!

HP Recommended

This work to me!

THANKS!

HP Recommended

I have this same problem - and googling revealed it´s widespread. I also tried multiple times un- and reinstalling drivers with different settings - but it is not working. I have now spent two days trying to solve this puzzle and I´m not going to continue. It´s cheaper and easier just to buy a new laptop. It is very clear that win10 and HP Beats EQ aren´t compatible.  I´m a regular office worker, not a software enthusiasist. In my point of view I have bought an unfunctioning product. 

The easiest way to fix this is to install a third party EQ, this is good: https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

4. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

Which operating system?

I guess we choose one the driver was designed to work for (Windows 7?), but you only provided a direct link to the download, rather than a page also with its full specs.

HP Recommended

[SOLVED]  Hello. Friendly Neighborhood Joe-Schmo Tech Here.  I downloaded the driver from the HP Support website, using the exact model number from the computer.  I installed the driver by using (right click, properties, compatibility tab, Windows 8 compatibility mode as it was the most recent available). I reset the computer.  No sound was coming out.  I opened the beats audio control panel (using the quick menu next to the battery icon), clicked "advanced settings", clicked the "Reset" button under the Default Settings, clicked the "launch" button for Windows Sound Properties, under the "Playback" tab I clicked over to "Communication Headphones" and clicked the "Set Default" button, then I clicked the "Speaker / HP IDT High Def Audio Codec Default Device" and clicked the "Set Default" button again to change it back to speakers from headphones.  I'm not sure if the switching of the defaults on the last step helped, but I put it in here because I'm not going to start all over to find out if it was for naught.  Model HP Envy Touchsmart m7. Model No.: m7-j020dx  

I Hope this helps.  Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.