Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Connected Music encodes my audio files! How do I stop this. I want my Mp3 to stay Mp3!

I bought a new HP laptop partly to edit audio files and thanks to HP Connected Music, any audio file I upload automatically appears as a HP CONNECTED MUSIC file instead of an audiofile in the original format which I can use in editing programs.

Very frustrating.

Please help. Would removing HP CONNECTED MUSIC from my machine solve the problem. Ideally, I would do something less drastic.

Thanks,

Adam100

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,085 6,034 326 1,047
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Connected Music encodes my audio files! How do I stop this. I want my Mp3 to stay Mp3!

Hello @adam100 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Uninstalling HP Connected Music should do the trick. If it is uninstalled, then you files cannot be displayed as HP Connected Music files.

You can always install it later if you want it 🙂

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So this brings us to the question, why do you do this? I hate it changes what is already as I want it. What is the point if we have to uninstall it to use what is on our computers.  Most of the time, I don't want to fish out of the cloud what should easily availible on my computer. Most of the time when I want to deal with my music, I want to do it off the internet. Really, why can't you just have a music program (listening, simple info editing) without messing around with our files. If I wanted that, I'd still dealing with Apple where I haven't synched my Ipod since it came out, it "Big Brothers" your music. 

Thanks,

Celticzephyr

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation