Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
07-31-2020 11:40 AM
Product: HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m and recently I have had some crackling from my microphone. When I voice record myself and play it back, I hear a bad crackling sound. Also, whenever I zoom, skype other people they hear a bad crackling noise too whenever I speak. I can hear the other people fine though and nothing else apart from my internal microphone is affected. If I play music through my speakers it is also fine.
I have tried using the virtual support assistant and ran all the checks, but nothing has worked to remove the crackling. My laptop is up to date and when I ran the troubleshooter, it said my microphone and audio was fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to get rid of the crackling noise from my microphone.
1 REPLY 1
08-03-2020 11:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I have a few steps to help you out:
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community