04-25-2016 08:50 AM
My laptop is no longer playing sound. Microsoft pushed Windows 10 to the machine. I removed the program and put 8.1 back on but there is still no sound. I have updated the drivers and any applicable software upgrades but there is still no sound. The sound bar on the menu bar & sound mixer says that sound is playing but no noise is coming out. I have made sure that on the tablet the volume is on and the machine is not on mute but there is still no sound.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
04-25-2016 08:55 AM
- Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in Device Manager.
- Select Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver... button.
- Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.