Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I've recently got this HP Envy x360, and everything was awesome the microphone was perfect and the sound even better. But then when I've updated everything on the laptop, the sound wasn't working and then I got to fix that and my microphone now appears as unplugged. And it keeps saying that I have to plug my headset or a microphone. 2020-08-19.pngIf everyone knows how to help me I would be very grateful. And if I just have to wait for an update just tell me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had that happen to me too on a similar model notebook (15-ee047nr) with the Ryzen processor.

The microphone is part of the graphics system, not the audio system as one might expect, and a recent Windows update knocked out the microphone.

You should be able to fix the problem by running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®  utility at the top of the webpage below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once the auto detect utility is installed, it will show an option to do a "Factory reset" which will delete, and reinstall all related graphics drivers (it will not remove any other program or app installed in your PC, or affect any of the already existing information).  It just resets the graphics system.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had that happen to me too on a similar model notebook (15-ee047nr) with the Ryzen processor.

The microphone is part of the graphics system, not the audio system as one might expect, and a recent Windows update knocked out the microphone.

You should be able to fix the problem by running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®  utility at the top of the webpage below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Once the auto detect utility is installed, it will show an option to do a "Factory reset" which will delete, and reinstall all related graphics drivers (it will not remove any other program or app installed in your PC, or affect any of the already existing information).  It just resets the graphics system.

HP Recommended

Okay thanks a lot, i will try today. But I am afraid that by doing that my audio will screw again. Do you know if that will happen?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It shouldn't.  As I replied earlier this morning, the microphone is part of the graphics subsystem, not the audio.

I never heard of such a thing before getting this notebook.

The microphone always was installed by the audio driver, such as the Realtek audio driver in the case of our notebooks.

In our notebooks, it is installed by the graphics driver.

I was amazed.

HP Recommended

Thanks! And one more thing, i read people saying that when u do this the screen doesn’t works and the mic problem isn’t fix. And also people saying that worked, so should i take the risk or wait till hp launches a update/patch and fix this issue.  

HP Recommended

Yes! It worked man thanks a lot. But the only issue is that when I try to open my amd radeon settings its pops a message that the Radeo  Software and Driver versions do not match.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm not getting that error because I used the method with the single driver install which worked for me.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you need to do to fix that.

Perhaps the next graphics driver update will sort that issue out for you.

HP Recommended

NVIDIA Graphics Card Do I download AMD?

HP Recommended

Go to nvidia.com for drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.