Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15MBP012DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Forum,

My microphone just randomly stopped working. I imagine its a hardware issue because while testing the mic (which I assume is located where the webcame is) the mic doesn't pick up my voice when talking, however I when I tap on the webcam loudly with my fingers it recognizes the taps.

So to summarise in point form the issues I'm facing are:

1. The mic isn't hearing or recognising my voice when I speak or shout
  2. When I tap on the webcam loudly with my fingers, it recognises the taps

So far I've tried:

• Updating the drivers
  • Removing and re-installing the drivers
  • I've even formatted my SSD and started with a fresh copy of Windows 10

None of the above have worked. As an alternative solution for the moment, I use my bluetooth or wired headset with a built in mic and that works.

Have any other HP owners experienced this or anything similar? My HP Warranty is out, therefore any help would be greatly appreciated to determine why this has occured and a possible fix. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Seff

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.