Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This laptop has been working for years without problems. But today I was looking for bluetooth on this laptop. According to the specs it has so, but it wasn't there in the devicemanager. In BIOS it is mentioned and enabled. I tried to install the bluetooth software (sp1616 and sp52773) but both failed because no bluetooth device was found.

So i googled and found this 'solution' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me_A5-G0pcs I'm using windows 7 but i "forced" the installation of a intel centrino driver as is mentioned in the youtube video. It didn't work, but even worse after i rebooted the computer my audio failed. No device is found. I tried to install the sp62585 which should install the audio device. But it fails. No device could be found...

I tried to install get something working, but I failed and made it even worse.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The Bluetooth problem has been resolved. It was disabled in HP connection Manager. Now it is enabled and it is working great...

The audio device still isn't working. I have tried sp59291 and even the "real" IDT audio device driver. They all keep saying no device is present so the installation could not be completed. The original drivers from the DVD also fail.

Also trying to force the driver from device manager, add old hardware, audio device doesn't work.

I don't know what to do more...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.