Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13 ad 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hye

Why i cannot open my local disk Z. Always appear pop up saya no permision to acess the folder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can leave the card forever but 512GB, sorry I don't know. I have not tested it and I don't want to spend money to test now since many phones and tablets do not mention 512GB on their specs.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@safety_din wrote:

Hye

Why i cannot open my local disk Z. Always appear pop up saya no permision to acess the folder

Hi,

Z: drive is used for Microsoft and/or HP updates. It may come and go once a month. Please don't worry about it, after completion of the updates process it will go.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Ok noted with thanks. So on which drive i should save all my stuff? Is it in C drive
HP Recommended

@safety_din wrote:
Ok noted with thanks. So on which drive i should save all my stuff? Is it in C drive

Hi,

I don't have full specs of your machine but from the following link

http://m.hp.com/za/en/products/laptops/product-detail.do?oid=16851062

C: is not big, saving files to C: may get it full in few months.

I believe It has a microSD slot therefore the best option is to buy one 128GB microSD and save your files to it. For example

http://cplonline.com.au/memory-card/sd-card-micro-sd/samsung-mb-mc128g-micro-sdxc-evo-plus-128gb-mem...

I'm using 64GB microSD on my loan HP machine right now to store all downloaded User Guides.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help. Can my machine support 512gb micro sd card? And also can i just leave the card in the slot forever? And my last question is does hp envy 13 ad100 allowed to upgrade the ssd storage? Tq in advance
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can leave the card forever but 512GB, sorry I don't know. I have not tested it and I don't want to spend money to test now since many phones and tablets do not mention 512GB on their specs.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.