Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
After Windows Updated in the first week of usage .. audio stop working .. I tryed all steps from HP support including update drivers but not working. But if we plug the headset the audio working only the speaker it's not.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Capucci

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy 15 series notebook and post a Win10 update, there is no audio through the speakers. However, the audio from the headphones is fine. Thanks for checking out that there is audio through the headphones.

Ideally, there will not be any audio through the speakers when there is a headphone or headset connected to a computer. 

In this case, it looks like a audio drivers issue. 

Please let me know the exact laptop mode number. This link will help in locating the model number: https://hp.care/2fzXWAI

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer.

Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:

1. In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon  in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  2. Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
  5. Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).

Figure: Detecting problems

6. When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.

NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.

Click Close.

Figure: Troubleshooting completed

7. If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix, or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

After using the troubleshooting tool, make sure your desired audio device is set as default:

1. In Windows, type sounds into Search. Select Change system sounds in the search results. Alternatively, right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Playback devices.
  2. In the Sound window, from the Playback tab, select your playback device, then click Set Default. If only one playback device is listed, it is set to default automatically.

NOTE: If you are having problems setting an HDMI audio device as the default playback device, refer toTroubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7) .

Figure: Set Default

If you set speakers as your default device, proceed to the next step.

3. With the default playback device selected, click Configure.

Figure: Configure default playback device

4. Click your speaker setup in Audio channels.

NOTE: If you want to use HDMI output, select Digital Audio (HDMI). For more information, refer toTroubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7) .

5. Click Test to send sound to each speaker, or select an individual speaker to send sound to that speaker.

Figure: Test Speakers

6. If sound is heard correctly from each speaker, you are finished.

If sound is missing from all or one of the speakers, or if the configuration type was changed, continue with speaker setup by clicking Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the speaker setup.

If the issue still persists then download and run the HP support assistant tool. This tool will scan your laptop and fix any errors with the drivers: https://hp.care/2iFmeX4

1. Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

2. If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  3. To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Product number : 1KS76UA#ABA . I tried all the steps. A litle disapointed to the fact that a brand new computer work just 1 day and since that we could not make sound working afaing thru speaker

HP Recommended

@Capucci

Thank you for your reply. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

I suggest you to perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

The push button reset repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.