1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15-AE116TX i7-6500u overheating and sound crackling problem

HP Envy 15-AE116TX i7-6500u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day,

I bought last August 2016 my HP Envy 15-AE116TX i7-6500u with Bang and Olufsen sound system. I am experiencing overheating and sounds problem (Crackling)

Here is the spec sheet of my laptop

-HP Envy 15-AE116TX i7-6500u 

-versio 1511

-OS build 10586.713

-Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU@ 2.50GHz 2.60GHz

-installed ram 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)

-System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

-Pen and touch

I researched what can be done to the sounds problem. I found that I can fix it by uninstalling the realtek HD driver. i tried it but the sounds became horrible so i installed it back. I payed a lot of money for a laptop with good sound system and that option is unacceptable to me. what can i do about this problem? 

The Overheating problem occurs when i play Games like NBA 2k. after less than 10 mins of gaming, the laptop overheats. the area near the power button becomes barely touchable as it is very hot. 

This is frustrating because i paid a lot of money for this Laptop, Expecting top quality as advertised. 

I Hope HP can help me with my problem.

Thanks

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1385
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 15-AE116TX i7-6500u overheating and sound crackling problem

@jhontapia

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae116tx and there is a crackling noise from the speakers and the laptop overheats while playing games. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist yo better:

• Does the laptop overheat when you play other games and also when you are not playing games on it?
  • Do you always keep te laptop on a flat hard surface or on the bed or your lap?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Let us run a hardware test on the audio.
  • Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please run an audio test - 

Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete.

Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Post that, please a video test -  Video - This test includes 3 tests of the video hardware on your computer. Select one of the following tests, then click Run Once.

• Video Memory Fast Check - 3 minute video memory test

• Video Memory Check - 20 minute memory test

• Palette Check - 1 minute test of the three video color components. Follow the on-screen instructions during the test.

Please let me know the results of these tests. Meanwhile, if the laptop continues to overheat then please review the steps from this link to avoid overheating issues: http://hp.care/2cSeGNB

Feel free to let me know how it goes. I'll watch for your response. All the best! :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation