Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15-K280tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there

Im having a issue with my Hp ENVY 15-k208tx audio and not seeing any options in windows 10 to select my headphones for the sound manager in control panel.

Windows is reporting that the Realtek HD audio Device is disconnected (Code 45) but the HP Diagnostics UEFI reports that everything is fully operational and I can even test the headphones perfectly in bios.

Currently cannot see options for headphones or HDMI audio and everything comes out the speakers so the volume has to be on either 2 or 4 in windows or it's too loud!

the devices are all hidden and with drivers installed but once I uninstall the drivers it's gone for ever.

Is there a advanced option in the BIOS that can use to enable the sound again as the BIOS it's self is pretty bland and I work in I.T and all the other HP Laptops we have far more options the the consumer one's do.

Hope someone can help me out.

Andrew

Untitled.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@agha_panther,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

Sorry for the long reply but I'm still having no luck with the driver issue on my HP ENVY laptop.

I've just recently re-imaged my laptop with windows 10 v1903  and I found a new driver (still an old 2017 version to replace the old 2015 driver from Realtek which came from the HP website and windows update) but now instead of having 3 icons in my "playback devices" like i had when i bought the laptop back in 2015 with windows 8.1: HDMI audio, Speakers and Headphones and now all I get now is one called "speakers/Headphones" on the 2017 driver (On windows 10 1903 it's just one icon called Speakers/HP on the 2015 driver) which is no good to me since I use Razer headphones and the Razer synapse application cannot detect the headphone jack so my mic and headphone volume no longer work or my 7.1 surround sound due to the main sound volume being to loud when i'm using discord or Skype when running games. I have to turn the game volume all the way down just to hear the person talking to me.

Also the newest version of Realtek HD audio Driver the "HD Audio Manager" no longer opens up.

The headphone jack works fine under HP diagnostics in the UEFI BIOS test but doesn't exist in the windows 10 HP diagnostics test 😤!

Is there going to be another update to this driver sometime or can i use another manufactures driver to fix this since HP haven't release another driver since 2015 (most likely due to apple buying Beats which PS: is crap by the way!)

Regards

ANdrew

HP Recommended

@agha_panther An update should be released to resolve such issues, however, I don't have any specific date or time as to when that would be released, with that said, I suggest you install the driver from the manufacturer or the audio card directly, the best to get these drivers is to either go to their website or install 3rd party softwares such as driverscape and use the free version to help download the accurate drivers.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle

I found that the program you mentioned says that I have the latest driver installed for the Realtek HD Audio Device

as the driver from the realtek website is some how corrupt and will not launch the Beats audio manager from start menu and missing from the control panel.

I managed to find a driver sp89052.exe (Realtek driver from 2018) which works on my computer, restores the Beats Audio Manager but the the individual Headphones or the HDMI audio icons in the playback devices. only Speakers /HP show up, Very frustrating!

I'm breaking it down to a dodgy Bios Update (F.57 09/11/2018) but because I work in I.T the HP commercial Laptops unlike the HP business laptops and workstations I cannot apply a older bios through the UEFI BIOS or can you through a special formatted USB stick with the bios on it?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew 

HP error.pngPlayback.pngMic.png2019-09-27_12-28-11.png

Ghosted Device?Ghosted Device?

HP Recommended

@agha_panther If you feel the issue is related to the BIOS update, you can always attempt a BIOS recovery to resolve the issue: click here for steps,

And keep me posted, have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.