Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TouchSmart 17-j160nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j160nr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Model #: E8A06UA

When Windows was giving a free Windows 10 upgrade from 8, I upgraded.

Since then, I have had very low sound from only the front speakers near my wrists, and low quality like they are from a really old game boy.

Beats Audio does not work, and there are no drivers for it.
I have scoured the internet for a solution to my problem, but I have not found one. I have checked every other week researching. I've been in the properties and drivers, I even did a Windows Update at the time of installation and have kept it current to see if there is a fix; to no avail!

HP Doesn't find any updated drivers for my computer for audio. Beats Audio has no software or drivers for my computer either.

Again, I have not found the same problem with a solution. None have worked so far!
Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 Beats audio driver from your notebook's support page (sp63555) should have worked. 

It does have the Beats Audio software included in the driver file if you explore the contents of the driver folder after you run the driver.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 Beats audio driver from your notebook's support page (sp63555) should have worked. 

It does have the Beats Audio software included in the driver file if you explore the contents of the driver folder after you run the driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion of sp71717, which has solved the "missing Beats and bad sound" problem I have experienced the last few months. 

I have an HP Omni 220 all-in-one (from 2013), and the Beats Audio survived the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 in 2015, and the subsequent updates, until the "Windows 10 Anniversary" update when it disappeared entirely and sound became flat and only audible by setting volume controls very high. I tried various driver/servicepack suggestions elsewhere this forum, and this is the one that finally worked. 

HP Recommended

The driver provided ran and said "The hardware detected is not compatible".

Thank you, though... 😕

HP Recommended

This SP63555 is for Windows 8; I am on Windows 10.

I have searched the Windows 10  drivers I have from all the recent updates, and have not found a Beats Audio driver for my PC 😕

Thank you, though. My quest continues...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

sp63555 is also listed on your notebook's support page under the W10 driver section.

I have given that driver to dozens of forum members that have the 15 and 17 jxxx models and most of them stated that driver worked just fine on W10 and restored the Beats Audio.

If that didn't work for you, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions to offer.

HP Recommended

Actually, I tried it with a new download, apparently my old .exe wasn't the same... anyways
I had to find a site that wasn't malware, because a straight google search was dangerous..... Anyways, thank you so much! I'm so relieved, I truly am!! Blessings

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same trouble and that solution you mention didn't work because my computer said that software is no compatible.

I have a 2018 HPENVYX360 and I already tried without succes:

- The hp tool always indicating that it was no possible to solve the audio problem and giving me a long error code that i shared to hp not getting any reply.

- Uninstalling the audio controler from the control panel- It has a "errorE message in the icon but i can't neither uninstall it nor fix that error with the windows or hp problem solvings tools.

- Restarting the computer...this used to work the first months but now only in 10-20% of the cases...

Please your support

thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.