1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 360 Audio not working/muted

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I own a HP Envy x360 / [edit]- the audio was working perfectly fine yesterday, but is no longer working today. When I hover over the 'sound', it says that "No Audio Output Device is installed". I also keep getting a popup that says “A conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now exit”.

I've opened Device Manager and the 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' is hidden and says that 'This hardware device is not connected to the computer" - and this is the same for all of the items under Sound, Video and Game Controllers (Conexant ISST Audio, Intel (R) Display Audio, and Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy).

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers (via the ones on the HP website), restarting, updating drivers, system restore, etc but nothing seems to work. Should I install all the drivers on the HP website and see if that would help?

I also don't know if this is relevant, but under System Devices in Device Manager, there was a yellow triangle error on the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED. I updated the drive to add the 'High Definition Audio Controller" and now there's no longer that error code - instead, the symbol is faded out.

Any help would be appreciated! I think I've spent 3 hours so far trying to fix this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,860 27,814 2,297 3,493
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cinny1 Greetings from the HP Community!

• Have you attempted to update the BIOS, Video card & Audio drivers to resolve this issue?
    • If not, here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same.

Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers.

Step 3: You should now see your audio driver name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio, Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option.

Step 4: You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.

Restart your PC once & it should auto-reinstall a working driver.

If the issue with the sound continues, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation