Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 15-as101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy laptop purchased less than 5 months ago from the HP store. I have tried to put up with the poor speakers but they are now unbearable. The sound from the speakers is poor and too low even on full volume. If watching something on the laptop I need complete silence in the room or it is difficult to hear. I am sure this is not how HP or Bang & Olufsen speakers are made to be experienced. 

Things I have tried;

1. I have checked in device manager that the speaker is enabled. There are 2 speakers listed; Conexant ISST Audio and Intel Display Audio. Both are enabled.

2. I have tried increasing the output equaliser to maximum in the Bang & Olufsen control panel. This made no difference.

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @exec1

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue where the audio volume is very low from the internal speakers of your notebook. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you run an audio test on your computer?

Recommend you run an audio test on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

If the audio test fails, please contact our phone support for any service options available for your computer. 

If the audio test passes, restart your computer. 

Uninstall the audio driver from device manager. 

Delete the driver when prompted during uninstall. 

Restart your computer. 

Install the driver from this link and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your help.

I ran an audio test and it passed.

I looked in device manager but I am not sure which drivers I uninstall? 

Under "Audio Inputs and Outputs" there is a "Speakers (Conexant ISST Audio)" driver 

or

Under "Sound, video, and game controllers" there are 2 drivers; "Conexant ISST Audio" and "Inter(R) Display Audio".

Can you please advise which I uninstall before installing your link.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Please see my reply to your post on ‎07-29-2017 and advise??

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am still waiting for help? Please advise on above post. Thanks

HP Recommended

Are you still waiting for help two and a half years on? I hope not, but can't see anything to say the issue was resolved.

I have similar audio issues with a ZBook 17 G6 that supposedly has "Bang & Olufsen" audio, although I suspect Peter Bang & Svend Olufsen would be turning in their respective graves if they heard the fidelity of the acoustic output from my HP that, now almost ironically, bears their names.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.