Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

HP Envy - Clicking sound

Product Name: HP Envy 15t Laptop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my Envy for about a month now, and have barely used it. There is a soft audio pop/clicking sound that comes from the front speakers every 7-10 seconds. Turning the volume up or down has no effect on the sound and it stops when the computer is shut down.

I am open to any thoughts as to what it could be or how to resolve the issue please let me know if more details are required.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: HP Envy - Clicking sound

Hi @mattvoci,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

I understand that there is a clicking sound from the speaker.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Did you change any setting on the computer?

To confirm whether it's the speaker or the audio card, plug-in Headphones and see if the same issue appears there. If it doesn't then it indicates that there is an issue with the Speaker Hardware. 

I would Suggest you Contact HP for a hardware service, although, if the sound appears on the headphone as well, follow the below steps: 

Update drivers through Device Manager, instead of manually, if you haven't tried it before: 

a) Open the run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter. 

b) Spot and expand the “Sound, video and game controllers”. 

c) Right-click on the High Definition Audio Device driver and select “Disable”. When it prompts to choose an option, click OK. Close the Window, come back and try to re-enable it. Now check if the issue still appears. 

d). If it does, then right click on the High Definition Audio Device driver and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software 

If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it.  

(Ensure that PC is connected to the Internet while performing this step) 

e). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Raj1788
·

I am an HP Employee 

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation