Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
SteVieBizzLe1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy Notebook 15 speakers playing constant static

ENVY Notebook 15-ah150na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever the speakers are 'engaged' to play sound there is a very annoying static interference that not only disrupts the sounds but is obviously not the way Bang & Olufsen designed their speakers to operate.

I bought the Laptop today and this issue has started with a couple of hours of use. I have tried to restart the Laptop several times as well as try various different sound settings to no avail. The static is also present when the speakers are muted.

Anyone else had a similar issue that might have a suggested fix for it?

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
947 41 165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @SteVieBizzLe1,

I understand you're having issues with some audio quality, as there is audible static. I'd be happy to help.

I'd like to suggest that you start out with the steps in this document, and get back to me when you've completed them: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8) I know it says "No Sound" but it should serve the same purpose.

Hope this helps, if it does, hit that Thumbs Up. If this resolved your issue, please Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

SteVieBizzLe1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, I did follow the suggestions in that link to no avail.

Since it was a new laptop and the speakers worked okay to begin with and only started with this issue after I had started installing software and configuring the settings, I ran a hard drive reset which seemed to solve the issue.

Another issue that i did notice (perhaps related, perhaps not) before resetting the hard drive was that the Wifi on the laptop wasn't working - in the sense that it wouldn't even list Wifi as a connection option.

Since I reset the hard drive, the static has gone from the speakers, however the laptop doesn't seem to be using the built in 'Bang & Olufsen' speakers and is defaulting to the smaller, standard speakers on the bottom of the laptop.

Is there a particular set of drivers I need to run for the 'Bang & Olufsen' speakers?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
947 41 165
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @SteVieBizzLe1,

The B&O drivers should be in the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver package. Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation