Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes I learned this a few days ago. First I tried the latest regular AMD drivers from their website as some reported that fixes it. It doesn't however.

So now, I've installed the driver from the 24th two days ago, and yesterday I had no indeed crashes. But I'm not declaring victory yet, as with the official AMD drivers I also had 3 days without crashes, before the issue came back in full force.

HP support is useless posting generic references to contact them, but all they will do is encourage me to install the new = 'bad drivers, and waste my time on the phone going through troubleshooters. They just need to escalate and acknowledge back their actual development engineers have received this bug and are working on it.

HP Recommended

Could you please tell me the steps you performed? My kid's laptop has the same issue and she misses a lot of her class time due to having have to reboot every time. This happens to her twice a day. This is so pathetic from HP. Will never buy HP again even if half the price.

HP Recommended

@Ali_Ban Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Fingers crossed but since using the 24th driver I had no issues anymore. But it is only been two days now.

These are the steps:

1) on the back in tiny a bit hard ro read yellow on brown letters is your serial number ("SN#"). You need this (or you need to perform the next steps on your laptop itself so HP can auto detect your machine type). I took a picture on my smartphone so I could zoom in, but you can also write it down.
2) press the support button on the HP website (e.g. this site) and select "software & drivers"
3) select 'laptop' and enter the serial number from step (1).
4) It may return with "We were unable to find drivers for your product." if you are doing this on another PC. If so just select "Try manually selecting your operating system" and select "Windows" with "Windows 10 (64bit)"

5) Select the "Driver Display/Monitor option" and it will show the latest driver. (This one is currently from September 26th and one person reported that also works, but I did not try yet.)
6) Press the blue arrow next to this latest version and it will now show submenu "previous version"
7) There you can download the June 24th version.
😎Download, if needed copy to machine using USB stick and just install.

If this fails, try this path which is the direct download:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105744.exe

But HP may change that path at any time.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for that. I'll try that to see if that works. Where should this driver appear after installation? Under display adapters?

HP Recommended

I tried your recommendation in that specific order. I downloaded the driver. I uninstalled the current graphics driver. I then restarted my computer and when I did the old driver installed again. I installed the new one and it doesn't show up anywhere in the device manager. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Bibi_O wrote:

I tried your recommendation in that specific order. I downloaded the driver. I uninstalled the current graphics driver. I then restarted my computer and when I did the old driver installed again. I installed the new one and it doesn't show up anywhere in the device manager. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

What do you mean it doesn't show up anywhere? After installing, all you will see is the "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics" under Display adaptors like this:

code111_0-1602320037991.png

Could you provide a screenshot of your device manager?

HP Recommended

Bibi_O_0-1602976184052.png

I see it here. So I uninstall and then install the one that says AMD High Definition graphics driver?

HP Recommended

Are you still having issues?  I believe I have the September 29th driver installed and ran into this issue again yesterday.  Should I downgrade to June 24th?

HP Recommended

Thanks to everyone for your comments and feedback on this.  I'm an IT professional that supports a business that's deployed several of these model laptops.  This is a consistent issue.  I will try the drive rollback suggestion.

Regarding HP support ... it stinks.  I chatted with a support rep today about this.  Explained the issue.  All the agent could do was refer to me to HP's SmartFriends service where I would get to PAY for support.  Really?  They want me to pay for support on an issue for a piece of their hardware that is only a month old and is still under warranty.  C'mon, that's ridiculous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.