Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I also read HP's SuperMario's suggestion.  Went through all these steps.  Completely lrrelevant since there is no digital audio option to select.  What is going on?  How do I install this option?  Do I have to return this laptop?

HP Recommended

Would appreciate a reply since I spoke to the folks at Micro Center and they would be willing to accept a return of the laptop for a limited time.  Would hate to take it back before a solution is found.

HP Recommended

I have no audio via HDMI either.  Judging by the other correspondence, we are screwed.  I don't want to return the computer since otherwise it does a good job and I have spent hours configuring the various programs I use.  This is very disappointing.  I don't want to resort to a kludge fix such as running a separate audio line to external amp and speaker.  We're trying to keep it simple.  I'm already in the dog house for having a cable set top box, dvd player and several remote controls.  I have printed instructions for the family on how it all works.

gn

HP Envy i5 2.5mghz

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been having this problem the last couple days and after searching all the forums was getting fed up with reading the same advice which just wasn't working for me. The HDMI device just was not appearing in the sounds menu when i plugged in the cable.

I have it working finally; After looking in device manager, i noticed that my sound driver was under 'sound video and game controllers' and my HD graphics driver was under 'display adapters'.

However, when I dug a little deeper into device manager, i noticed further down, under 'system devices' were 2 entries labelled 'HDMI audio controller'. One of these had a small mark over the icon. I right-clicked and found it was disabled. I enabled this and straight away the HDMI icon appeared in my sounds menu, i am now getting sound via HDMI cable.

I'm not saying this will work for everybody but its worth taking a look.

Good Luck.

HP Recommended

bignije, thanks for the information. I will give it a try as soon as I can and let you know.

Alex...

HP Recommended
Hey I actually had the same problem and I fixed it by myself screwing around with the settings but if you put the screen projection to just the tv and have your laptop as a black screen it'll work! Well it did for me in this case... Let me know if this helps
HP Recommended

This worked for me... I hope I'm not covering things peope have already tried.

I have an Envy 17 running windows 7.

1) Start by pressing the volume control button and this will launch the beats audio nenu

2)Go to advance settings on the menu

3)Launch Windows Sound properties

When the sound menu launched I had 4 options, the default is set to "speakers and headphones". This part may be irrellevant, but I right clicked on "AMD HDMI Output" and ran a test.

4) After running the test I right clicked again and set "AMD HDMI Output" as the default device and it worked. 

Output devices will be different but hopefully it will be the same outcome.

Let me know if that helps.

Beats and Sound Options.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi there !

I can understand the problem of no audio while connecting with HDMI to a TV.

Before doing any thing just do as directed,if got benefitted later can contact me for details-

Step 1. Connect the HDMI cable to your TV(Please ensure both TV and Laptop/Desktop are Turned OFF).

Step 2. Connect the HDMI cable to your Laptop/Desktop.

Step 3. Now Turn ON the TV(selecting inpu from HDMI by TV Remote)

Step 4. Turn ON the Laptop

Step 5 .Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound---In Playback subsection select your TV as  "Set      Default"     

then Apply and OK.Capture.PNG

Now enjoy both Video as well as Audio. 

HP Recommended

Hi there !

Before doing any thing just do as directed,if got benefitted later can contact me for details-

Step 1. Connect the HDMI cable to your TV(Please ensure both TV and Laptop/Desktop are Turned OFF).

Step 5 .Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound---In Playback subsection select your TV as  "Set      Default"     

then Apply and OK.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi there !

then Apply and OK.

Capture.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.