3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy - microphone not working properly/ weak

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I am frequently using the HP envy for conference calls. The feedback is that I can hardly be understood and this only changes if I literally speak into the left side of my laptop (presumably where the microphone sits), which is a very awkward way to have a conference call. I cannot believe the microphone is so weak that it won't capture my voice when I am sitting upright in front of the computer like everyone would.

Is this a problem in general (weak microphone) or is ther anything I can do about this? (Headset is clearly not an option!)

Thank you!

2 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
722 58 77
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi lisybu,

I'd first recommend checking the sound settings. If the microphone volume level is too low, this could be an easy-to-fix issue. You can read how to check your settings and adjust this level with this troubleshooting guide.
It should also pose a few alternative solutions in case that doesn't do the trick.

Please let me know if this helps!

Tim-W-H - I work on behalf of HP. Words are my own and do not necessarily reflect HP.

If you feel my post solved your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" so that others can find it as well. Kudos are appreciated.

Kudos are always appreciated!

0 Kudos
Zwipe Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The built in microphone on our HP ENVY m7 Notebooks are all very weak. The sensitivity settings are all maximized. The drivers were checked an are the latest.

What is going on please.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation