mkruse
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy not outputting audio through USB 3.0

HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new Envy 13" laptop with a USB C port. I purchased a USB C to HDMI cable to connect it to the HDMI port on my Samsung TV, just like I had done before successfully with my old Macbook Air for years. When I connect with the cable, the video appears, but I get no audio on the TV (it keeps playing on laptop speakers). The TV doesn't appear in a list of devices in the control panel; the only audio output I can select is the internal speakers. Any idea on how to get audio to output to the TV?

This is the cable:

https://www.amazon.com/uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-MacBook-Surface/dp/B075V5JK36/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=...

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mkruse Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are not getting the audio while connected to the TV.

For specific details about USB Type-C capabilities, see the QuickSpecs for your business PC, workstation, detachable, convertible, phone, or tablet at QuickSpecs web-page.

For Pavilion x2, x360, Spectre, ENVY, and OMEN series computers see the product specifications for your model: click here for details

If you've ensured the connection is supported, I suggest you update the BIOS, Chipset and graphics card drivers using the HP website: Click here to find and install the same.

Once done, restart the device, create a new user account if the above didn't help and check if that works.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation