Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@tdall I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with two HP Envys that I recently purchased. I have tried using Purity Bluetooth microphone/speaker and the microphone and speaker does work in zoom meetings. I have tried Zoom audio test and that works but I cannot hear or talk to the others in the meeting.

Can someone at HP try Zoom using the latest hp laptop and see if they can get it to work.

HP Recommended

Sorry my previous post was mistyped. When I tested the bluetooth microphone/speaker using Zoom's testing function it worked but when I join a meeting it doesn't. This is the same issue others are having.

HP Recommended

@KenGamble If the device works fine on a test, it means the hardware is fine, the issue is with the Zoom application, I suggest either using a different application or contacting Zoom support for further assistance.

Good luck!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher The problem isn't with Zoom. It happens with multiple different apps. I have the same problem and it happened while using Microsoft Teams. I have seen posts from other users who have had the problem while using Google Meet, Skype and Twitch. Can you please escalate this issue to someone who can look into it? It looks like a driver issue and no uninstalling, reinstalling, system reset is going to fix it until there is an updated driver available.

HP Recommended

@Occifer1 I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having this issues also. This is a brand new computer, purchased from Best Buy and it's now too late to return it due to their 7 day return window. HP Support has remote accessed my computer, run a BIOS resent, uninstalled and re-installed drivers, completed a FACTORY reset, and this is STILL happening. This is a $900 computer and it is completely unacceptable to be having these issues when our jobs depend on being able to remote into work. Every time I've spoken to someone from HP,  they've pointed blame at Windows, saying it is their fault for an update, but someone needs to figure this out. It is not ok. My mic will work fine for the first 20 minutes or so before going out and I'm having to cut clients off mid-conversation to restart the computer. Are there any techy people out there that can guess why this may be happening mid-call and why a reset of the computer will rectify the issue? It just doesn't make sense...

HP Recommended

I took the laptop in to Best Buy for a diagnostic test and they confirmed that the hardware is completely fine and that this is a software issue. Someone from HP needs to get on this and fix it. 

Now I am being told that the ONLY option that I have is to send the computer to HP so that their engineers can look at it. So I will have to be without my work computer while that happens. The technician assured me that it "wouldn't cost me anything" to send in. I informed him that it would actually cost me a lot seeing as I will have to miss clients for up to 2 weeks. This is absolutely ridiculous. I will never again purchase an HP. Lesson learned. 

HP Recommended

An update to my problem. For my new HP Envys the microphone and speaker were not working during Zoom meetings even thought it successfully passed Zoom's test.

Last week both suddenly started working during meetings. I have had several meetings since that worked fine. So I don't know why they suddenly started working as I have not changed anything. So I'm am confused.

HP Recommended

I am having this problem also. I installed the HP Support Assistant but there were no driver or software updates that were needed. I got this HP Envy x360 a few months ago to do my fall classes via webcam. It kept happening several times a day in the middle of each online class: the mic suddenly stops and a horrible screech sound comes out of the speakers that will not stop until a hard reboot.  I had to stop using the Envy for classes, luckily I kept my old computer. Other users in the forum have said that resetting doesn't work and replacement through warranty is pointless. If this problem ever gets solved for real, someone please let me know. I am so infuriated but it's too late and I'm stuck with this now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.