cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will_80
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Envy x366 laptop sound randomly goes up and down, as well as crackling noises.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop and ever since I have had issues where the sound is randomly decreases and increases. Also I am sometimes getting crackling noises. I have tried all the ideas posted on the internet, e.g. remove and re install the sound drivers, and the laptop has just had a factory reset and re installed all of my programs. I am using Windows 10 Version 20H2. 

System Spec

AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics

8GB RAM

AMD Audio Device & AMD High Definition Audio Device & Realtek High Definition Audio

Is anyone else having similar issues?. as this. I'm not sure if it's faulty hardware, bad sound drivers, or has it got anything to do with windows 10. 

I would be helpful if anyone could help with this issue, as it's driving me crazy when i'm using my laptop to watch films, listen to music etc... and then the sound becomes so quite. 

Thanks....

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,906 90,783 11,697 25,047
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@will_80 

This is something to do with AMD drivers. Please

(a) Uninstall Audio driver

(b) do a cleanup using following information/fix:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amdcleanuputility.exe

(c) reboot machine

Machine will re-install Audio driver for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
will_80
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have followed the advice of Banhien (Thanks) and ran the AMD and then used the HP Support Assistant to reinstall the drivers. Hope this fixes the issue and the fault does not return. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation