Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP X 360 Convertible Lap Top
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My lap top is a HP X 360 convertible Lap Top. It does play sounds (music) loud enough. It never has. Even at full volume it is not loud enough. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make it play louder? NOTE. I filed this a few days ago, but somehow it is marked as solved, when it is not. Two of you answered, and I sent you the info you requested , and then it was marked as solved. I need help with this and will appreciate it. Thanks. Damian

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@damianp Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Use Windows Update to update the latest audio drivers available for your computer. In Windows, search for and open Check for updates. Install any available updates.

To learn more about Windows Update, go to Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

Test for sound. If the audio problem persists, continue to the next section.

Try using a set of external speakers, or a pair of headphones, with your computer to check if this is a software concern or something to do with the internal speakers.

If the external speaker/headphone has the same issue, I suggest you perform a hard reset to resolve audio issues on your notebook. Go to Performing a Hard Reset for more information.

Test for sound. If the hard reset did not resolve the audio issue, continue to the next step.

Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Audio Test to make sure the audio device is functioning properly.
During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated.

The test can take 1 minute to complete for each audio output port.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 5 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.