3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Notestream Laptop Making a chirping sound

HP Recommended
HP Notestream PC 13 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a loud chirping sound coming from the back of my Notestream  where the speaker is? How can I fix this and what's causing this? It's annoying. Thanks for your help in advance.

steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tomoffinland17 Perhaps, you should connect an external set of speakers or an headphone to check if that works without the noise? If you've done that, and the noise only appears from the speakers and not on the headphone, we may have a faulty speaker that requires a replacement, that said, if the chirping appears on the alternate speakers or headphones too, here's what we may need to do:

To resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy (most likely, to be the reason for the sound/noise, as there aren't much moving parts on the device)

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,016
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tomoffinland17 Perhaps, you should connect an external set of speakers or an headphone to check if that works without the noise? If you've done that, and the noise only appears from the speakers and not on the headphone, we may have a faulty speaker that requires a replacement, that said, if the chirping appears on the alternate speakers or headphones too, here's what we may need to do:

To resolve issues such as Fan is Noisy (most likely, to be the reason for the sound/noise, as there aren't much moving parts on the device)

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation