Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Initial Problem

My Omen by HP 15-dc0xxx has a problem where when I was watching a video, It randomly decreased the volume even though the windows display still says 100% Volume. So, I did a couple of things like reinstalling some old 2016 driver and switching Audio Enhancements on and off to no avail.

Restore

At some point I thought it might be something I messed with in the settings by mistake earlier that made this happen. So I restored to an old restore point 2 weeks before any of this started happening. After the restore, it seemed to be working fine. But I started watching a video and the volume slowly decreases until it becomes inaudible again. I don't know what is triggering this. It still says Volume is at 100%.

Additional Information

My Current Windows version is Win10 Home 1909, OS Build 18363.900 installed on 30/9/2019

My Realtek Audio Driver version is 6.0.8716.1

I have Audio Enhancements on because turning it off makes it significantly worse.

I'd say I have  tried everything, but I really don't know. Please help...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HemantSuresh 

Your machine has the latest Audio driver from

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc/20329817

Please do a clean re-install it:

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
             https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98141.exe
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

image.png

Hi @Banheim I deleted the Realtek device as well as it's driver. Then I hard rebooted and when I downloaded the Driver you told me to then tried to install it, the following warning showed up. I still have a restore point for 2 days ago so it shouldn't be a problem going back but I currently don't have any driver installed because that installation has failed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.