Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0011nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

stereo mix missing on new hp pavilion laptop (Windows 10) problem is not resolved.

I looked at the forum from the link below what the HP Sandytechy20 support user described
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/hP-spectre-x360-2020-model-stereo-mix-missing/m-p/76944...

I checked one by one
Make Sure Your Microphone is Available for Access = checked
Show Disabled DevicesShow Disabled Devices - doesn't not show

.still problem
and support contact I do not recommend 😞

I scanned for hardware changes - up-to-date and Windows Update up-to-date.
details in my new laptop HP Pavilion:
Realtek High Definition Audio - version 6.0.9018.1 (driver date 01.09.2020 )

Hp support assistan - software and drivers updated.

current Windows update
Version Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Build the operating system 19042.870
Capabilities Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

A bit strange the old Dell Latitude E6440 windows7 laptop is available and working Mix stereo. Why in the new HP laptop Windows 10 stero mix is missing ?
it is not compatible with Realtek Audio (Mix Stereo) driver for HP ?

Please solve the problems in the HP laptop because Mix Stereo is missing.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@#rafal-poland,

We reviewed your post and I understand that tried all the troubleshooting. let's reset the  notebook 

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off your HP laptop.
  2. Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.
  3. Remove all recently added internal hardware.
  4. Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.
  5. Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.
  6. Select Troubleshoot.
  7. Choose Reset this PC.
  8. You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.
  9. Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.
  10. Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.
  11. You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data.
  12. You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.
  13. Click Reset.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi Praveenbv

I did what you wrote in points 1 to 13 -
repairing pc with "Reset this PC Keep my files" - Windows is refreshed after installation (I haven't updated Windows Update )
I looked at the "Control Panel" in "Sounds" in the "Recording" tab does not show "Mix stereo" from Realtek and the same with show hidden (screenshots img1.jpeg img2.jpeg, img3.jpeg in the attachment)

Please Do you have any other solution to the problem? maybe to install the MIX stereo driver ? or how to install/configure the Mix stereo correctly ?
or maybe Realtek for HP on Windows 10 driver error ? or damaged Windows 10 installation ?
I don't know what to do next after instalation.

Playback 1Playback 1Recording 2Recording 2Details RealtekDetails Realtek

HP Recommended

@rafal-poland,

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click the cog icon in the lower-left section of the Start menu to open the Settings app. You can also search for it.

Opening Settings from the Start menu

2. Scroll down until you see the Privacy section and make sure you click on it. At the left side of the window, you should see the App permissions section. Scroll down until you reach Microphone and click on this option.
  3. First of all, check if the Microphone access for this device option is on. If it’s not, click on Change and set the slider to on.

Providing microphone access

4. After that, switch the slider under the “Allow apps to access your microphone” option to On and scroll down in the list of installed apps on your computer. Switch the slider next to the apps you wish to provide access for on the list to on.
  5. Restart your computer in order to see whether the problem still appears!

Method-1 Enable Stereo Mix from Sounds-

If you have the Stereo Mix on your computer by default, you can easily enable it.

1. Press Windows key+R to open Run window.

2. To open the Sounds utility, type, and then hit click on “OK“.

mmsys.cpl

Mmsys Cpl Min

3. When the Sounds window appears on your screen, go to the “Recording” tab.

4. In the Recording tab, right-click on a space and then check the option “Show Disabled Devices“.

Show Connected Devices

You will notice that ‘Stereo Mix‘ is now visible in the list of the drivers.

5. Then, right-click on “Stereo Mix” and then click on “Enable“.

Enable Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix is now enabled on your computer. You will see a little green beside the ‘Stereo Mix‘ option.

6. After that, you need to click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” to save the changes.

Apply Ok

That’s it! You have successfully enabled the Stereo Mix on your computer.

HP Recommended

Hi

I took the steps as you wrote

Settings -> Privacy section -> App perminission -> Microphone  ( is ON)  screenshot below

Privacy -> microphonePrivacy -> microphone

After restart Windows 10:

run mmsys.cpl in the Recording tab, right-click check the option “Show Disabled Devices“     

no show MIX Stereo 😞   screenshot below:

In RecordingIn Recording

I don't know why you have MIX stereo as you showed in the screenshot and I don't have one.

Can you still solve the problem?

HP Recommended

@rafal-poland,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.