Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook - Volume decreases every time video or audio is played

HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the Laptop in Sept 2016.  From the time i received the computer, every time I play a video, either via DVD, Internet or PowerPoint the volume immediately decreases to nothing.  Same happens with audio files.  I have deleted the audio driver and reinstalled the driver via HP Support page, but this does not help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @pemay – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out. This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you are having audio issues with the HP Pavilion notebook. Try using the HP guided solutions to try and fix the issue. Check here: http://hp.care/2dp5pwy

If the issue still persists, try the steps below:

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list)
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “Realtek high definition audio CODEC” (It might be a different brand as well) and select “Update driver software”.
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not Realtek High Def...  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”.
  • Once windows have successfully updated the driver software, try playing the audio again and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
doggy_dog Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This sounds similar to my issue. (I made another thread earlier)

I start out with sound and then the volume goes lower and lower until I can't hear anything.

I updated the drivers but it didn't help.

Have you tried using headphones? Do you get sound?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1463
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @doggy_dog 

Thanks for reaching out!

Did you try the steps I mentioned in the above post?

Change the default manufacturer driver that you are using the default driver from Windows. as explained in the post above.

Let me know how that goes!

Thank you 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation