Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
13-U100ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

The sound coming out from speakers and jack is so flat, like a low quality one. For instance when I connect my android phone to the external speakers the sound is ´juicy´ with deep bass. From laptop jack or from the built in speakers the same song is flat, like high tones only. I´ve tryied reinstalling drivers to the latest one from HP website - no change. I´ve tryied also the dolby software from microsoft store but unfortunately all are the paid ones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@adibcn Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing the laptop is a very ´flat´ low-quality sound.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: 

Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. 

For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here 

• Perform a hard reset 

• Reset BIOS to defaults 

• Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) 

• Update the BIOS 

• Reset your computer 

• Perform an HP System Recovery 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your answer,

I managed to get the normal sound only on one driver :

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.1.8023 Rev.E 226.3 MB

Jan 25, 2017

which I found here :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-13-u100-x360-convertible-pc/12589419/mo...

Other two drivers that appear on the website(inluding to most recent one) are causing ¨flat sound¨.

Everything would be great but the thing is that I managed to get awesome juicy sound on jack out connection only. 
I am not able to get any sound from build in Bang & Oluffsen speakers.

I´ve also tryied to remove all sound related drivers and just install windows default ones as well as the updated ones from Windows Update option. In all cases the result was same - ¨flat sound¨.

I have tryied it few times, restarting windows.

Any solution please ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@adibcn 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

That is not really a solution for my problem...

HP Recommended

@adibcn 

I understand your concerns.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

I would suggest you perform the system reset once.

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.