Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 7 (275 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6-7024tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed Windows 10, a clean copy of windows installation has been done with full format of c drive. So, after a successfull installation of win10 in my HP Pavilion dv6-7024tx, I ran windows updates to make sure it gets all driver for its hardware automatically, it did though and was absoultely fine expect one audio problem relating to micro (not working), I couldn't notice that time. I also installed HP support assistance for further assistance to make sure everything work just okay. Things to describe here, everything works absolutely fine without the built in Micro issue for Audio device. It is litterally not working to input audio anymore here. In my previous Win7 which was given in factory default setup, had BeatAudio driver and I saw that software and everything was Okay earlier. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (265 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Hi:

See if this IDT audio driver works for you...Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system.

File name: sp63555.exe

Tutor
Message 3 of 7 (254 Views)

2016-09-04_20h47_56.png

Installation is aborted because of hardware incompatibility.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (243 Views)

Sorry that driver didn't work.

Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.
Tutor
Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)

Yes. It didn't work. So, could you please tell me where to exactly submit report of this driver not working ? Is it because of Windows10 or just the lack of HP driver support ? Whatever it is, it is supposed to work in hp laptop and i know in most recent hp laptop Windows10 comes up as built in os. I really need this Micro to work for my laptop in Windows 10.

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (235 Views)

I am not employed by, nor do I represent HP.

I would say the issue is because of W10.  W10 and IDT do not get along for some reason, unless there is a W10 driver listed on the support page. 

There are hundreds of posts from forum members who upgraded their notebook and desktop PC's to W10 and then find some things don't work like the microphone, headphones, Beats Audio, etc.

All I know is that HP does not provide support or drivers for W10 for your model notebook series, so going to them will be a waste of time.

But it is your time, so you can start by contacting HP at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Did you try installing the W8 IDT audio driver from your notebook's support page?

All you can do is to experiment as this point.

Tutor
Message 7 of 7 (101 Views)

Microsoft has forwared to Windows 10 creator update, but would that provide as appropriate hardware drive for Beats Audio. I don't have beats audio software right now in my pc but everything works fine with windows 10 creator update. However, the thing that has started to annoy me is I am currently not able to set or modify audio equaliser which was presented with Beats Audio Software earlier on Windows 7 (the os came as preloaded). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation