Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've done my research to solve this problem, but to no avail.  A solution PLEASE! My only problem with this computer has finally come up, after three to four years. The only thing that I have installed today is a new Itunes update, I'm not blaming apple, but I was fine a few hours ago!  I restarted my computer to install the itunes and my computer comes back with no speakers.  I've noticed this has happed to a lot of Vista people, but I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

I've gone to the device manager and looked for the sound option or (audio, sound, or video controllers) but it does not appear at all nor does it come up under "other options". I have gone to the HP website and tried installing the audio drivers...like (ctrl+v)

""""Either one of the following drivers should work on your system...

Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45371 .exe"""""

---from a worker named Vidya

This driver (Realtek) downloaded and installed, but no effect.  BTW the name realtek is awfully familiar I think this is it and I am getting close, but I can't find it in the device manager to disable and re-enable!!!!

To recap,

1) Sound Driver is not in device manager

2)I've tried the above driver and that didn't work

any different solutions?  Please be specific because I cannot follow half of the directions that are already posted...

Thanks,

MC

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

DV6000 is the series.Please post the full model number and /or PN.  Locating Model Number

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

FE654UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Your model does not have Realtek audio, it has Conexant Audio though I have doubts that the driver is going to help since it seems related to iTunes update. Have you checked their forum to see if any resolutions are posted?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Same issue, no luck.  Dowloaded BIOS update and more.  

I've spent two days on message boards and trying to dowload drivers.  I also read through all of these threads but don't see a solution that works.  My computer was off for the weekend, when I turned it back on I get the "No Audio Output Device is installed".  Yes I realize there are severals posts on here about this, but not provide the right solution.  When trying to uninstall the Codex driver, nothing happens.  It stays in programs.  When trying to install other drivers I get "Driver Installation failed; could not find media device" or "could not find device for this driver".  No help from HP without $100 charge.  Bought to HP's since 2007.  This is dv6636nr with windows vista.  Tried going back and restoring to last week, didn't help.  Can't unistall, can't install, don't have sound....except when a window pops up and a large BEEEP happens.  Can't adjust volume on the keyboard and have the red X over the speaker in the bottom right.  Help.

HP Recommended

So far for my temporary solution I went to best buy and picked up a external usb sound card.  Hopefully this will please some of you out there who think there are NO solutions.  This acts as another sound card so just install it (with CD) and its ready to go.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHOD_enUS348US350&q=sound+blaster+go&bav=on.2,or...

This actually in my opinion has better sound than stock speakers(advertised as surround sound).  !Speakers are not included! There is a switch for headphones/speakers and microphone/headset.  You can plug in auxillary speakers or normal aux headphones, which is what I do.  So now I have sound, no thanks to HP as they do not have drivers for my laptop with windows 7

HP Recommended

the solution is in this driverupdater---as soon as i used this program to update my drivers from vista to win7 the sound card started working--i had tried everything listed in this forum and no fix. this program is great. 

http://www.driverupdate.net/index.php

HP Recommended

Hey i have the exaact same problem and i bought mine from usa im in uk but heres my P/N

FE653UA#ABA

Can you fix mine too please?

😄

HP Recommended

Hello Kiddddo,

I see that you are having problems with the sound on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with your issue.

Here is a link that addresses the error message for no audio device installed. Follow the steps in the link and it may help.

If you continue to have problems here is a link for additional troubleshooting steps for sound issues.

Let me know if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hey the link/s you sent me worked but didnt solve my  problem and sorry for late reply 😛

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.