becpall Student
Student
0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion laptop internal microphone not working

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded my HP laptop to Windows 10 but discovered the internal microphone no longer worked after trying a video call on Skype. I have researched the problem thoroughly on the web and watched all the help videos I can find, but to no avail. I have tried updating the drivers from Realtek, uninstalling the microphone in devices and restarting my laptop, but nothing has worked. Before I updated Windows, the microphone worked fine. The 'intergrated microphone array' that I've seen discused on forums for this problem does not show up as in option in audio recoring devices. It doesn't seem to be recognised by my laptop at all in audio settings. In 'playback' the only device is Realtek speakers and in 'recording' I have set Realtek microphone as the default device but the internal microphone still does not pick up my voice as it used to. When I have troubleshooted the issue, I am told that my microphone is not plugged in, but this shoudn't be the case as I have never used an external microphone with this laptop. It seems that due to the Windows 10 update, my laptop no longer recognises the internal microphone. Does this mean I will have to buy an external microphone, or is there another way of fixing this problem? Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.  

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1900
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion laptop internal microphone not working

Hi @becpall,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What is your specific model of HP notebook?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 that your internal microphone is not working. You have tried several troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

Although you have an internal microphone some of the steps in the following documents may help:

HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 8)

HP Notebook PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows Vista).

Please keep me updated on your progress and reply with the requested information.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation